Republican women have the experience, perspective and values to help solve the serious problems that confront our nation but too few of us hold public office or positions of influence.
While women make up a majority of voters in this country, 83 percent of the current Congress is male and 84 nations currently surpass the United States in the percentage of women serving in the national legislature. The problem is just as bad at the state and local level: 75 percent of statewide elected officials and state legislators are men and only five women currently serve as a Governor. Women are the Mayor of only 11 of the nation’s 100 largest cities. Most importantly, too few of these women in local, state and national office are Republicans. ProjectGoPink “PGP” is the platform to launch more Republican women into all levels of the political process.
M O T I V A T E
- An online community of Republican women, encouraging more women to be active party leaders, drawing attention to the policies and positions that are top priorities for women today, and actively reporting on why independent women should join the GOP since it best reflects their values.
- Provide Republican women a platform to amplify their voice in the political process.
- Engage readers through original reporting and opinion pieces authored by Republican leaders.
- Update Republican women on current issues playing out at all levels of government and how they affect our families, communities, parties, and nation.
M E N T O R
- Offer a network of Republican women serving in position of influence in political campaigns and elected and appointed office.
- Operate an annual conference for women to network and interact with Republican leaders to become more engaged in the political process, so that more Republican women serve as elected officials at all levels of government.
- Host regional and state conferences and events that promote ProjectGoPink, celebrate the progress and achievements of female Republican elected officials, and provide Republican women with networking opportunities.
- Present regional and state conferences dedicated to candidate and advocacy training.
M O B I L I Z E
- Build a bench of Republican women candidates through training and grassroots support.
- ProjectGoPink members to be effective media advocates for Republican policy positions.
- Use new media sources to discuss and disseminate the messages and goals of the Republican Party.
- PGP aims to increase the number of women who are delegates to the 2012 Republican National Convention.